Canada’s irresistibly funny rock and roll raconteur Glenn Wool is a rare treat for Aussie audiences. After several visits to Melbourne Comedy Festival – including show-stealing spots on the televised gala; finally one of the international comedy scene’s best kept secrets is unleashed on audiences for his Sydney solo debut.
Glenn comes direct from his sell out show at the Edinburgh Fringe to perform live and exclusively at the Comedy Store – Entertainment Quarter, Sydney, for two weeks only (September 29 to October 10).
Nominated Best Headliner at UK comedy bible Chortle’s awards in 2008, and Best International Stand up at this year’s New Zealand Comedy Awards – his surname is a sheep-derived product after all; Glenn got his lucky break in 1994 when he won $10,000 on a scratchy.
Combined with another lucky break – insurance money from a car crash which fortunately didn’t kill him; funded a move to Europe, where Glenn developed his craft on the iconic UK comedy scene to now emerge as a comedy tour de force.
Presenting Sydney audiences with the best of his latest Edinburgh gigs, Glenn’s show promises to be a night of the highest-calibre stand-up, consisting of personal life scenarios, obscure observations and everyman gags us Aussies can relate to.
Glenn is for the comedy goer who needs to have a bloody good laugh at the state of the world today, and his ability to approach the BIG ISSUES with playful nonchalance, is the key to his cheeky charm.
For a night of pure comic quality, see this prolific international comedy performer grab the mic live and exclusively in Sydney at the Comedy Store; home to Australia’s finest home-grown and international comedy acts. With The Comedy Store’s legendary School Night Specials – Tight Arse Tuesdays just $10; Happy Hour Wednesday with $3 drinks from 6- 8pm and a $15 show; and Triple Treat Thursday – $20 ticket, pizza and a free drink – there’s no reason to miss the best value night with the most laughs in Sydney.
With a maximum $30 ticket price on weekends, The Comedy Store is Sydney’s only stand-up venue featuring a constant showcase of exclusive and high profile international comic talent – with new acts every two weeks. Check out The Comedy Store website at www.comedystore.com.au for the most up to date line-ups and listings, special announcements; or to book a show.
WHERE: Comedy Store Sydney
The Entertainment Quarter – Moore Park
(Formerly Fox Studios)
WHEN: Tues 29 Sept to Sat 10 Oct
8:30pm (Bar opens 7pm & 6pm on Wed) Two hour show
BOOKINGS: Box Office P: 02 9357 1419,
PRICES – SCHOOL NIGHT SPECIALS:
Tight Ass Tuesday – Tickets $10
Happy Hour Wednesday – 6- 8pm $3 Drinks, $15 show
Triple Treat Thursday – $20 ticket, pizza and a free drink!
PRICES – WEEKENDS: Fri & Sat $30 (ticket inclusive)
OTHER INFORMATION Persons under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Singapore revs up for the world’s only night-time Grand Prix, where racing and live rock collide in 2009 Billed as one of the most dramatic and atmospheric races on the F1 calendar – and the only one worldwide to be held at night – the 2009 Formula 1TM SingTel Singapore Grand Prix will heat up the Lion City’s streets again on 27 September....
- A-mazing acts, spellbinding stories, wicked workshops, Sydney Children’s Festival rolls into town! October 2009 From the world premiere of Erth’s A Mazing giant labyrinth, to CIRCA’s international smash hit 46 Circus Acts in 45 Minutes and Imaginary Theatre’s mesmerising performances of children’s literary hit Tashi; the second annual Sydney Children’s Festival at CarriageWorks gets set to amaze, awe and...
- Red Dawn – dust storm strikes Sydney Feature image taken by Yegor Korzh @ www.yktravelphoto.com Sydneysiders are being warned to stay indoors as the huge dust cloud descends on Sydney. The dust storm was carried east over much of New South Wales and Sydney as winds up to 100kph (that created the...
- 16 Restaurants, 48 Mouth Watering Dishes… Something to suit everyone’s Taste! The countdown is on to Sydney’s favourite social foodie event of the year, Taste of Sydney. An expected 22,000 Sydneysiders will descend on Centennial Parklands from 11th – 14th March as 16 of Sydney’s most prestigious restaurants set-up full professional kitchens to deliver a degustation...
- Vani-T Room celebrates first birthday with instore discounts, free cupcakes and champagne! The Vani-T Room celebrates its first birthday on Saturday 19 September 2009 11am – 1pm with free cupcakes, champagne and the opportunity to meet Vani-T founder and CEO Tania Walsh. Vani-T is the celebrities’ choice for red carpet glamour, loved and used by Australian and...